The usage of Gmail has widely preferred by almost every device user whether it's Android to iPhone users. But keeping its popularity aside, Gmail also has several errors or bugs. One of the highlighted errors faced by iPhone users is “not getting Gmail notifications”. Notification acts as a vital element to staying updated on Gmail. Gmail notifications not working can be frustrating sometimes as it hinders the workflow, and cause delays. Users can fix it by following any of the steps mentioned below:
- iPhone Notification settings: iPhone does have comparatively different features than Android. Users must check their settings to make sure that the notifications are switched “On” and then choose the way user want to receive notification between “Lock Screen”, “Notification Centre”, “Banners”
- Gmail Notification Setting: Open the appTap on the menu iconGo to settingsSelect accountSelect Notifications. In the end, choose between the four options named “All New Mail”, “Primary Only”, “High Priority Only”, “None”
- Add Gmail Account Again: Tap on Profile IconSelect Manage AccountsLet the blue toggle button be enabledSelect Remove from this Device move further with the on-screen process.
- Update Gmail App: Users are guided to check on the update availability if any. Updating the new version can be very helpful in fixing errors or bugs. IPhone users can fetch and apply for updates manually.
- Reinstall Gmail App: There is no other way to clear the cache or data for iPhone users. Uninstalling and Reinstalling the app works most of the time. After reinstallation of the Gmail application, enable or allow notifications, if asked.
- Update IOS: Apple pushes IOS updates every now and then, to let their users experience hassle-free operations. Users should check for pending updates in the settings. But sometimes instead of fixing the bugs or errors, these updates may make errors worst than before. So, it is important for users to read or learn about the existing updates on the web before installing them on their devices.
For more read - https://emailspedia.com/gmail-spam-filter-not-working/