According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) market was valued at USD 6,225.2 Million in 2020 and is anticipated to reach USD 8,654.9 Million by the year 2028, at a CAGR of 4.1%. These systems are an excellent alternative to the oral, intravascular, subcutaneous, and transmucosal routes, where medications are administered through the skin for therapeutic purposes. This industry has witnessed the development of new adhesives, molecular absorption enhancers, and penetration enhancers that are expected to improve skin permeability, which will expand the range of transdermally administrable drugs. New technology, such as the improved micro-needle supply, makes it easy to carry the drug through the skin without feeling pain. The market is divided into five categories according to the applications, namely pain management, central nervous system disorders, hormonal applications, cardiovascular diseases and other applications such as smoking cessation, vertigo and the treatment of overactive bladder. By 2018, the pain management segment is expected to represent the majority of the market for Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS). Most of this segment can be attributed to the increasing availability of transdermal products for the treatment of pain. On technology basis, the market is classified in the fields of thermal, iontophoresis, electroporation, ultrasound, electrical current, microporation, mechanical matrices, and radio frequencies. Depending on the type of distribution system, it is classified in the passive and active distribution systems. Passive administration systems are further classified as a matrix system and a repository system. Dynamic distribution systems are classified into structure, electricity, and others.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2272
These drug delivery products are medicated adhesive patch that can be applied on the skin to give a specific dose of medication through the skin and into the blood. This often helps to heal a part of the injured body. An advantage of the Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) route is that the patch provides the patient with controlled release of the medicine, typically through a porous membrane overlying a reservoir of medication or body heat that melt thin adhesive medicine layers It is best to administer other types of medications, such as oral, topical, intravenous, intramuscular, etc. It is anticipated that the increase in the geriatric population and the number of patients with chronic conditions will stimulate the growth of this industry. In addition, the growing adoption of third-generation Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS), such as iontophoresis, is increasing market growth. It is largely due to the overall increase in the prevalence of chronic diseases. In addition, technological advances in drug delivery systems are expected to support the progress of target product in the coming years. However, the disadvantages of these delivery systems, such as application site irritation and edema, should hinder market growth. Medication failures and withdrawals from Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) are also expected to limit market growth to some extent.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) System market is growing at a CAGR of 5.5% in Asia-Pacific, followed by North America and Europe, with 4.3 % and 4.2% CAGR, respectively. High prevalence of chronic diseases across the globe is the key factor in accelerating market growth during the forecast period across all regions.
- As of 2018, Patches is dominating the target market which holds 43.9% of the global market. North America regional market is the chief revenue generating source for this product segment, followed by Asia-Pacific and European regions.
- Little technological advance in the Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) market is related to the modification of transdermal patch design, incorporation of pressure-sensitive adhesives, and permeation enhancers.
- The foregoing results in improved drug delivery and higher drug retention capacity in larger amounts is expected to stimulate market demand for the target market during the forecast period.
- Transdermal patches provide better control over toxicity levels because they can be easily removed if the drug is tested for more significant toxic effects.
- Technological inventions such as the inclusion of micro-needles assemblies in patches improve the accuracy of medication delivery.
- Miniaturized and advanced transdermal patches and reservoir-type transdermal patches that deliver a precise dose of medication should also enhance the growth of the Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) market over the forecast period.
- Since the first transdermal patch was approved in 1981 to prevent nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness, the FDA has supported more than 35 transdermal patches covering 13 molecules over the past 22 years.
- With respect to the product landscape, the transdermal delivery system market report segments the industry into fentanyl, nitroglycerin, nicotine, and so on.
- Transdermal therapeutic systems have been designed to provide a controlled and continuous supply of medication through the skin to the systemic circulation. In addition, it overcomes several side effects, such as the painful supply of medications and the first-pass metabolism of the drug that has been produced by other means of the drug delivery system.
The report also focuses on details of each market player including its global position, financial standing, revenue generation, company overview, and product service portfolio. The Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) market is extremely competitive and consists of several key players at the regional and global levels. Key players are focused on adopting various strategies such as new product launches, mergers and acquisitions, investments in RD, partnerships, joint ventures, and collaborations to strengthen their market position and enhance their product portfolio.
Leading companies operating in the market are:
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical (Japan)
- Mylan (US)
- UCB (Belgium)
- Novartis (Switzerland)
- GlaxoSmithKline (UK)
- Boehringer Ingelheim (Germany)
- Johnson Johnson (US)
- Endo International (Ireland)
- Purdue Pharma (US)
Inquiry Before Buying @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/inquiry-before-buying/2272
The report also offers detailed insights about market segmentation based on type, application and regional bifurcation:
Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) Market Segmentation:
- Semisolid formulations
Technology Type Outlook:
- Electric Current
- Mechanical Arrays
- Radio Frequency
- Pain Management
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Hormonal Applications
- Cardiovascular Diseases
End Use Outlook:
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., Italy, France, BENELUX, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Rest of LATAM)
- Middle East Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of the Middle East Africa)
Some essential purposes of the Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) market research report:
- Vital Developments: Custom investigation provides critical improvements to the Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) market, including RD, new item shipment, coordinated efforts, development rate, partnerships, joint efforts, and local development of rivals working in the market on a global scale and regional.
- Market Characteristics: The report contains Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) market highlights, income, limit, limit utilization rate, value, net, creation rate, generation, utilization, import, trade, supply, demand, cost, part of the industry in general, CAGR, and gross margin. Likewise, the market report offers an exhaustive investigation of the elements and their most recent patterns, along with Service market fragments and subsections.
- Investigative Tools: This market report incorporates the accurately considered and evaluated information of the major established players and their extension into the Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) market by methods. Systematic tools and methodologies, for example, Porter’s Five Powers Investigation, Possibilities Study, and numerous other statistical investigation methods have been used to analyze the development of the key players working in the Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) market.
- Convincingly, the Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) report will give you an unmistakable perspective on every single market reality without the need to allude to some other research report or source of information. This report will provide all of you with the realities about the past, present, and eventual fate of the Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems (TDDS) market.
Request customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2272
Thank you for reading the report. Kindly note that we also offer customized reports according to the client’s requirements. Contact us to know more about the customization feature and our team will provide you with the best-customized report.
Explore More Industry Research by Reports and Data:
Anti-Snoring Devices And Snoring Surgery Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/anti-snoring-devices-and-snoring-surgery-market
Point of Care (PoC) Diagnostics Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/point-of-care-poc-diagnostics-market
Arthroscopy Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/arthroscopy-market
Eye Care Product Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/eye-care-product-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, TouchPoints, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provide our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs